John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I installed a new wireless router. Now my Printer does not

Customer Question

I installed a new wireless router. Now my Printer does not work. I checked on the printer(HP MFP M476) display it still shows the old router SSID. I don't know how to change the SSID on the Printer so it will work with the new router. Can you help? How much will you charge?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model? I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: It's about 3 years old. HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP M 476nw. How do you want me to transmit the $5 deposit?
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Thanks
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Everything I tried I already mentioned to you. Repeating it here: I installed a new wireless router. Now my Printer does not work. I checked on the printer(HP MFP M476) display it still shows the old router SSID. I don't know how to change the SSID on the Printer so it will work with the new router.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I can't think of unless he has questions.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. On the printer's screen, if you press the wireless / signal icon, then select the Wireless menu, then Wireless Setup Wizard option, then does it show a list of network name(s), including yours there?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,