Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician
Experience:  Owner at Down Home Technical Solutions

Paper jam in cartridge area. I pushed heavy card stock paper

Customer Question

Paper jam in cartridge area. I pushed heavy card stock paper through the path that curls around, and it came out with no evidence of blackage.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP 1536dnf
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Cartridge removed, reinserted several times; Unplugged power, usb, ethernet, replugged and turned on printer; no paper jam evident.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the expert assisting you today! I understand you are getting a jam error but cannot find anything.

Let's see what we can do.

Remove the cartridge and use a flashlight to check inside for any tiny piece of paper which could be blocking the paper sensor. There might be a piece inside the printer that you aren't able to get to. If you still can't find anything I disconnect everything and do another power reset. Leave it unplugged for about 10 minutes. Unplug the printer with the power still ON, preferably from the back of the machine itself AND from the wall. Also, make sure that when you plug it back in and try to test print, that you are plugged directly into the wall instead of a surge protector.

Leaving the machine unplugged for 10 minutes or more actually clears static out of the machine, which can also give false errors.

Let me know if this didn't work an we will try something else.

If it DID work, if you would kindly rate my answer with 5 stars so that I may receive credit for assisting you, as this is how we are compensated for our time.
Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I had done all the things prior to your response, except I didn't have the printer unplugged for ten minutes.I will not be able to do anything further now, but will try again Monday.thank you

You are welcome. Let me know if you need assistance on Monday!