John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

When we try to print it says there is a paper jam. We took

Customer Question

when we try to print it says there is a paper jam. We took the rear cleanout door off bur didn't find any stuck paper but can't print.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 5600 all in one about 8 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: from user guide for the printer
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What is the exact and full error message on the printer, please? (I am assuming that it is displayed on the printer itself.)

Please also tell me what the maker name of the 5600 printer is?

(Let me know, by using the Reply To Expert function, and I will advise you. Thanks.)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hp office jet 5600 all in one. Message not shown on printer but shows on message in queue
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We followed instructions in printer manual by taking rear clean out door off but was no paper in there. Also tried unplugging for 15 seconds restarting printer with a trial but have same message. We can make copies but cannot print

What is the exact and full error message on the printer queue, please?

Be sure you have some paper in all paper sources, including manual feed slot if your model has one. See if that gets it printing again... and indicated paper jam can be caused by a paper source not being filled, that the print job has (unexpectedly) been directed to.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We can make copies but not print. Just shows paper jam as message

Please be sure you have some paper in all paper sources, including manual feed slot if your model has one. See if that gets it printing again...

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Have paper in manual feed slot tried to print still says jammed

Clear all print jobs out of the printer queue.

Turn Off the printer.

Restart the computer. Only when logged in again after the restart, try to print something very simple, from e.g. a Notepad document - open the Notepad program to print from it.

Let me know the result.