John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have spent 6 hours reconfiguring my printer since I

Customer Question

Hi, I have spent 6 hours reconfiguring my printer since I installed a new router last Saturday, did not need to print until yesterday. I have the original disc but cannot install the driver, printer is connected to wifi, but my pc does not recognize it. Have uninstalled, installed, reset the network on the printer etc. Also I get an error response for the utilities error 1000. At the end of the installation there is a prompt I cannot understand and the MFC-J450 DW cannot be attached to my pc. Before the new router, I could print, fax and copy but not scan to the computer. Can you please help me before I go nuts?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,