John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My HP Officejet Pro 8610, purchased 7/21/15, needed yellow

Customer Question

My HP Officejet Pro 8610, purchased 7/21/15, needed yellow ink, then cyan. I replaced the yellow, and it is OK. However, the cyan indicator said the cartridge was damaged or defective. I purchased another cyan cartridge, and the printer still says the cartridge is defective or damaged. I believe the problem is with the printer, not the ink. I believe this was a refurbished printer. Did it have any warranty? I need this information to see if there is extended warranty coverage with my credit card.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To find out whether or not you had any sort of warranty, Id need to know the website or company you purchased the printer through.

Also, this is something we may be able to repair without replacing parts, do you want to try and work on repairing the issue together?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Hello again, I never heard back from you. Did you still need help with this issue/

Dustin S