Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

Wow, thanks! I've got a Canon MF216n. I just replaced the

Customer Question

Hi! Wow, thanks! I've got a Canon MF216n. I just replaced the Toner, and now the pages are printing all black.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's only a week old. And no, but this is the first time I've replaced the toner.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Removing the printer from my destinations and adding it again, turning it off and on, unplugging it and replugging it in.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the expert solving your issue today.

I understand that your printer is printing completely black pages? Well, this is only caused by 3 issues - a defective toner cartridge, a power fluctuation issue, or a problem with a main controller. I know that seems ominous but we will do what we can.

I know you have already done quite a bit of troubleshooting, but what I would like you to do is take the toner cartridge back out. Unplug the unit from power. Leave it unplugged for about 15 minutes. Put the toner cartridge back in, and then try to print.

What we are doing when I am having you do this is clearing the machine of ANY static in the system. Static can cause this issue, believe it or not.

Reply back if this doesn't work and we will try something else.

If it DOES work, please rate my answer with 5 stars so that I may receive credit for this question, as this is how we are compensated.

Thank you and have a wonderful evening!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did not work.

I am going to opt out and see if any of the other experts have any ideas as I am not going to be around much today to give this my full attention. Good luck!

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 month ago.

usually that is a defective toner cartridge.

they lose the little piece in the cartridge that spits the toner out evenly and it either wont come out at all or it spits it all over everything.

what i would suggest is getting a new toner cartridge and then print 10 or 20 blank pages through just to clean the machine from all the toner in it