Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware

Have Epson Artisan 1430 printer - LOVE how it prints -

Customer Question

Have Epson Artisan 1430 printer - LOVE how it prints - However, it now doesn't feed paper properly. I'm careful about using the proper paper settings but that doesn't solve the problem. HELP
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Epson Artisan 1430 - Serial Number NAMY091436 - purchased at local Staples store - less than a year ago
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: purchased 12-12 2015 - try restarting computer -trying to print using different programs - using different paper weights and finished - I use Epson papers - when this printer is working it just does great work
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no, just want to get it feeding paper correctly
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for posting your question on, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The problem you are facing is generally caused due to two reason, one if the paper settings are wrong and two if the feed rollers are dirty or defective. As you have already checked the paper settings to be correct, it means the problem is with the feed rollers. Please remove the papers from the printer then, try to clean the rollers which are visible with a lint-free damp cloth, after that check the result. If the problem persists then, unfortunately, the rollers are defective and you have to replace the printer from Epson, as the printer is still under warranty period. Let me know if you need any further information otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.