Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

REPLACED BOTH INK CARTRIDGES FOR CANNON MP 240 STILL SHOWS

Customer Question

REPLACED BOTH INK CARTRIDGES FOR CANNON MP 240 STILL SHOWS ALARM AND INKS BLINKING ON/OFF
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: gUESS 3 YEARS
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: UNPLUGGED AND TURNED ON/OFF A FEW TIMES
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: SOUNDS GOOD
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Do you use genuine Canon cartridges or compatible ones ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Office Depot remanufactured
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** have the old cartridges with you then, remove the new ones and install the old cartridges and let me know, what happens to the alarm light ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
After putting old cartridge in the ink low light comes on but the printer trying to print very light
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

Thanks that is the information I needed, now turn off the printer for 1 min. after that power on and then try to install the new set of cartridges and let me know, what happens ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Same error message won't print I will take these remanufactured cartridges back and get original thanks for your time
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

Please follow the steps below after installing the new cartridges and let me know.

To reset the Canon cartridge low ink alert message(s), press and hold the Stop or Stop/Resume button (triangle-circle button) for 5-8 seconds until the printer's ink monitoring lights stop flashing and error codes are no longer displayed

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I see the small plastic screen with circuit is coming loose and ink is coming out of the cartridge. No need to continue until I can get new cartridges tomorrow
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

OK, if you face the same problem after getting the replacement then, follow the steps to reset the ink counter, this will solve the problem, unless anything is not defective in the printer.