Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Error code ox69 showing I just replaced an ink cartridge and

Customer Question

error code ox69 showing I just replaced an ink cartridge and this code popped up. I turned the printer off and then on,,,code still came up.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: WorkForce WF-3620 magenta, Epsom dura bright ultra ink
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I turned the printer off and then turned it off code still came up!
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

There are a few possible causes of this issue, including a bad cartridge, internal debris/contamination, or a hardware failure (bad printhead, bad logic board, faulty sensor, etc).

What we can try are some cleaning and reset steps.

First remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The code ox69 still comes up after cleaning terminals, unplugging power at wall and waiting 5 min,. shutting machine off, pressing and holding power/on button 60 sec., kept holding while plugging back in and waiting another 60 sec!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am not hearing from you. Have we been disconnected?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This troubleshoot did no work
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Your reply just came through, please send only a single response, when you send multiple messages they can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

Are you using genuine epson cartridges, or are they generic/refilled ones?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I tried the troubleshooting technique you suggested: clean terminals, unplugged power at wall. Waited 5 min. pressed and held power/on button for 60 sec.,kept holding while plugging back in and 60 sec. after that after release...code 0x69 still came back!
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

I understand that, and I then asked:

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.