John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I can't figure out to work the buttons on the printer face.

Customer Question

I can't figure out to work the buttons on the printer face. When I press them nothing seems to happen. In particular I need to set the setting to print 8 x 11 (standard and not legal) size paper. Documents rather than photos. The last message I got for non printing was that the computer and printer did not have compatible settings
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: WF-2650 model C531A
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I think I have punched the buttons on the printer until I have no idea what the settings are. A place to start would be to check that. On my other printers there was a button on the printer to use if you just wanted to copy a page. The basic problem is with the operation of the printer once I get the settings straightened out
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: nothing except that I am not very ept with electronics. If we can get the printer set up right I have some one who can help me with the computer side if there is still a problem
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kevin T replied 1 month ago.

How are you connected