John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I just wanted to say thank you so much for this, even if it

Customer Question

Hi, I just wanted to say thank you so much for this, even if it was 4 years ago. Carefully cleaned all over the waste toner tank, the bit where the optical sensor focussed, cleaned also inside the printer where the tank went, all with the microfibre cloth and, hey presto, printer happy again and so is the household. thanks so much, most appreciated, Kind regars
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: thanks, ***** ***** sure how old but it's a Samsung CLX3185FW, thanks again, Susan
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Before I read Russell's advice on this site, I'd just emptied the waste tank, wiped it down, and replaced it in printer. No go. Great to understand how the thing worked
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Not necessary, as problem solved. Just wanted to say thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. If I was the one who helped you 4 years ago, then I'm very pleased to get a communication that shows you remember the quality of the service even after years of time have passed.

If there is anything I can help you with today, let me know. (Otherwise, no response necessary, and please have a good day!) Thanks.