GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I have a Canon MX700. It is reading "error code 6A80". I

Customer Question

I have a Canon MX700. It is reading "error code 6A80". I cannot find anything wrong.
Suggestions?
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi John. The error 6A80 indicates that the printhead is blocked. I have seen this twice. I got lucky once.

I was able to unlock the print head - just with a small piece of foil.
Cut a 3-5cm wide stripe from a sheet of overhead-foil (90um thickness), move it below the print head, and move it to the front and upwards, to the back and upwards. Remove the foil. After switching the printer on - it worked as before and be able to move the head. I would imagine that a thick piece of card stock would work as well as thick foil, I just didn't have any on hand.

The second time this happened, I had to take apart to find out what was blocking the printhead. It was a nightmare! I'll never do it again. If it requires taking it apart I will buy a new printer.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Please give th foil or cardstock a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.