John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Please help! I have a Canon MX920 and an Arris modem router.

Customer Question

Please help! I have a Canon MX920 and an Arris modem router. Printer finds The router and asked me to press and hold the WPS button on the access pointl, then press ok I don't know what and where the WPS button is.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Not all modems have the WPS button. Do you see a small button on your modem which have two circular or curved arrows ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There are NO button on the Arris.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
buttons
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Then you have to connect it using Standard setup. Do you know your WiFi network name and password ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No I will not pay any more and you said I wouldn't be charged if you couldn't help me.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Remote support is completely optional. I will send you instructions in here

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
NO
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

No for what ? Don't you need help ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just tell me whatt a WPS button is!
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Do you just want to know what a WPS button is or do you want me to help you with connecting your printer to your computer ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will call my VISA ttomorrow and take this 26$ off my card!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You are scammeers. I will report you.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

I don't understand. I'm trying to help you and you don't have to pay if you are not satisfied. Satisfaction is guaranteed

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Lavonda, please atleast give me time to write the answer for you. I'm writing the instructions to connect the printer to your network. You don't have to pay me anymore and you don't have to pay if I couldn't solve your problem. You will get full refund If I couldn't solve your problem.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am not satisfied. Just tell me where the button is! I am not paying you any more. I was under the assumption I was with Canon in the first place. I don't mind paying a few dollars for help but I am not paying you a red cent more than what I have now.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry, we're not Canon. This is JustAnswer, a paid support website. You have to pay to get support from here. WPS is a small button on the router/modem that allow you to connect your devices to network easily (with a push of this button). Not all modems or router have this button. So you have to connect using Standard setup

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Since you don't need support from us, you can contact *****@******.*** and they will refund your account. I'm only a tech person and I don't have access to your account or card details. But email to the customer service and they will cancel this question and do full refund. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

If you change your mind or If you need any help from me, please let me know and I'm happy to continue to help you without any additional payment.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
All I wanted was to know where this button was. Geez, I can't win!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'll go see my tech tomorrow.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Like I said, not all modems/routers have this button. There is no fixed place for this button. It will be on different places on different modems. You said you don't see any buttons on your modem. That means your modem doesn't have that button and you have connect without WPS (i.e Standard setup from Printer).

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

The WPS button looks like one with circular or curve arrows, WiFi logo or with WPS label. You said you don't have any buttons on your modem, that means your modem doesn't have it. This is what I've been telling you. Not all modems/routers have this button.