John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

How do i connect my cannon pixa mg2520 printer, im redy,

Customer Question

How do i connect my cannon pixa mg2520 printer
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: im redy
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: brand new and just ran into the problem while setting it up
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: downloading different printing apps to connect the computer to the printer and none have worked, when i pull up a page i would like to print the buttons always say save and never print
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no that will be all
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does this issue only occur when you print a web page?

Are you able to print anything else, such as a document, or a picture, etc.?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

What's your internet browser program, such as Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc.?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No I haven't been able to print anything yet. I have a Samsung chrome intel. The internet browser is chrome

Do you see a model at the back / bottom of your Samsung device?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Model: xe500c13

When you print something, at the print dialog window, click on the Change button, then does it show your Canon printer in the list?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No it does not show the printer on the list

I'm sorry; usually the printer works fine with a Windows or Mac computer. I'm not sure about the Samsung Chromebook, so let me open the issue to other experts. Please do not wait; you will get an email when there is a response from another expert. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is that extra? How much will this all cost me?

There is no extra; our customer service will email you about the billing, but don't worry; we'll make sure everything will be fine for you. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there. my name is***** am sorry that you are having this problem. The problem is that you have a Chromebook. It is neither Windows nor MAC, it is something different entirely. It uses the Chrome Operating System. Canon does not provide a driver for the Pixma MG2520 printer that will work with Chromebooks.

There may be a way around this, however. If you have another computer that is running Windows, you can connect the printer to that computer and setup google Cloud Print. We can then print to the Google Cloud Printer from your Chromebook. Please let me know if you'd like for me to walk you through the process.