John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer will scan and print fine I do not know how to get

Customer Question

my printer will scan and print fine I do not know how to get it to print from "Word" or email
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?

What's the model of your Canon printer, such as MG7720, or MG5722, etc.?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have a cannon MG6821 (?) I can scan and print with it but I cannot get it to print from "word" or e-mail screens. It was fine yesterday. Today - bad. I was doing this program we are on now witih "Andy" I gave him all the credit card data and then it asked me to creat a password. I did that. Then when I hit send it said my password, etc was not on record and wouldn't let me go any further. If this happens again, please e-mail me at***@******.***. I do not hear well - have to use a captioning phone where someone types your words for me to read. It works but takes patience #(###) ###-#### Now, help me please.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Never before. I have used it for both scam copy and printing off my computer Now it is locked on scan only. I have no idea how to switch over. This machine is aboiut 6 weeks old or less
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I took it back to Staples where I bought it. They told me: :We don
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Some message popped in to my screen and I lost this screen. Do you want me to start over?

If you put a document or photo faced down on the Canon MG6821 printer's glass, then press the Copy button / option on the printer, does it copy fine?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10? And/or what's the brand / model of your computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,