Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware

What is C000 error code on Pixma MG5320 and how do I fix it?

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The problem you are facing is caused due to a mechanical problem in the printer. The last solution for this problem is repairing the printer, but before that, follow the steps below.

Solution 1: (This solution only applies to brand new printer)

1. Switch off the printer
  2. Disconnect the power cable
  3. Open door:

4. Remove the orange protective tape (A) and remove the white polystyrene (protective equipment) (B).

5. Verify in the printer there is no protective equipment:

6. Close the door.
  7. Connect the cable and switch on.

Solution 2 :
- Check for any foreign body in the printer: a piece of paper, paper clip...
- Check for any paper jams.

Solution 3
- This error code C000 could be made by an empty cartridge: check for this.This can be also a case of the ink tanks not being pressed in hard enough. They do click in, as the manual instructs but, unless they are fully pressed in top and bottom, this problem occurs. It's a shame that the Canon manuals and even the support center do not mention this simple solution.

This error code tells that the purge unit did not complete a good power on cycle and the cam is not in the correct position.In typical words that mean the purge unit is stuck extended due to an accumulation of a lot of dried up ink.
To solve it follows this
Open the cover and when the head comes to the center, pull the power cord.
Once that power is off you can now move the carriage to the far left so it is out of the way.
Now use a paper towel and gently blot all the excess ink off of the ink Pads and press them down. If the Wiper blade is extended, clean it and it should snap back in position.
If it is still stuck, try spraying the area with Windex but don't get any on anything except the pads.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had already fixed the problem myself! FYI it was a printer cartridge that the cover had broken free of ink cart. once I realized it didn't look right, I fixed it and reinserted in position! Thanks anyway. You came up something the manual failed to recognize.