John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an Epson xp 410 connected wirelessly with an hp

Customer Question

Hi, I have an Epson xp 410 connected wirelessly with an hp laptop runnin win 10. My printer suddenly won't print and I get the message: printer is in an error state. I have had printer and win 10 for over a year
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 2.5 years. all in one
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: downloaded firmware update, shut printer off and restarted tried printing with my wife's win 7 laptop and it worked fine
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: within the last few weeks I had a software upgrade for the ptinter
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the printer wireless to both computers?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,