Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.

Installed new ink cartridges in in Stylus NX 420. Get

Customer Question

installed new ink cartridges in in Stylus NX 420. Get message that printer does not recognize cartridges. I normally use 124 or 125 cartridges. Decided to try extra capacity 126. What is problem?
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: Epsom Stylus 420. Using Epsom cartridges
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Removing and reinstalling all cartridges. Also power cycling printer
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Unfortunately that is not the proper ink for your model The 126 cartridges are for a different series of printer, and while they may physically fit, they have a different computer chip in them and are not compatible with your printer. For your model, the 124 is the lower capacity, and 125 is the larger capacity cartridges. There is no extended capacity cartridge beyond that.

These are the cartridges you need:

Hopefully the retailer will allow you to return that 126 model and trade it in for the correct one.

Best regards,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help with this?