Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

Wifi is not working with both iPads and Windows computer - I

Customer Question

Wifi is not working with both iPads and Windows computer - I think it must be something wrong with the printer
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Epsom workforce 840
5 yrs?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have re-installed software on both apple products and Windows. I have shut down the printer and re-started it.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: That's it
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was it working fine previously? Or is this a new printer?

Are you able to go through the Wi-Fi / wireless setup wizard on the printer's screen?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

It looks like you are away. Let me provide some general instructions you can try when you are available. Please get back to me when you are available to continue.

Solution #1:

1. Turn off printer, then disconnect power cord from printer.
  2. Disconnect power cord(s) from internet modem / router device(s) for a couple of minutes, then re-connect.
  3. Wait a couple more minutes, then re-connect power cord to printer, and turn on printer.
  4. Wait a few minutes, then check printing.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try the following steps on the printer:

1. Press the Home button on the printer.
  2. Select option Setup.
  3. Select option Network Settings
  4. Select option Wireless LAN Setup.
  5. Select option Setup Wizard.
  6. Select / connect to your wi-fi / wireless network name.
  7. If prompted, enter your network / wi-fi / wireless password ***** key (it is case-sensitive.)
    ; NOTE: If needed, the network / wi-fi / wireless password ***** key might be at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device.
    - If there is any error or message, or if you are stuck at any step, please let me know, so I can help further.

- Once that is done successfully, on the iPad, open Settings app icon, then tap on Wi-Fi option. Then make sure it is connected to your wi-fi / wireless network name. Then check printing on the iPad.

; NOTE: Make sure both the printer and the iPad are connected to the same wireless network name.

- Then see if you can print from the computers.

- If you still cannot print from the computer, let's try fixing the Windows computer first. Make sure you have gone to Control Panel on the computer, then uninstall the Epson programs there, and delete all the Epson printer(s), if it's still there. What happens when you install the printer's CD disk, and select the network / wireless option when prompted during installation? Is there any error or message?

- If needed, on the Windows computer, you can download and install the latest Drivers and Utilities Combo Package at the Epson website below:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?UseCookie=yes&oid=168363&prodoid=63087906&infoType=Downloads

; Please tell me what happens during the installation.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,