VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I have a Samsung CLX6220FX and it has worked faultlessly

Customer Question

I have a Samsung CLX6220FX and it has worked faultlessly until now.
I use it to scan to FTP to a local PC and have the "rename" function enabled so that I can scan a set of documents each with a different filename.
This recently stopped working and the printer now overwrites the file each time so only the last scanned document is stored.
I use the printers web interface to configure the printer and
When running the self test the FTP function it reports all OK including the permissions test on the directories.
I recently reinstalled my operating system on the PC so maybe that is the problem in that the ftpd does not run the rename function properly. However, as far as I can tell the FTP function works correctly and printer does not report any errors when scanning so I suspect that this is a printer problem.
Any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks Phil Bocking
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kevin T replied 3 months ago.

What OS are you running?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
SuSE Leap 42.1 (linux)
with pure-ftpd as the ftp server
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have rejected the offer of remote assistance because I do not believe this is needed and I do not have the remote login client running and would prefer not to install it. I assume since you have not responded since I provided the information regarding OS and ftp module that you have not encountered this problem and are not able to help. If this is the case can you please let me know. Also whether or not I will be charged for this service since you have not provided a solution or information that would permit me to resolve the problem.
Thanks
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 3 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosingJA for JA for your support needs. Do you still require assistance, Sir? I have 10 years of LINUX and 5 with SuSE as I taught at the Collegiate level for 3 years. I think I can assist you.