Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

I have a canon printer MX340 and the printer alarm light

Customer Question

I have a canon printer MX340 and the printer alarm light keeps coming on and the printer will not print.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, it cleared the alarm light, but when I a tried to print something, the paper sheet when down to the roller and stopped and the alarm light came on.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thanks

Can you remove the paper, flick the stack between your fingers and then put it back in and tell me if it then prints please.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am getting a an error message "unable to Twine"
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** the issue

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. It is a known problem, so it will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you