John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

It is new to me and I cannot find the way to scan. It is a

Customer Question

It is new to me and I cannot find the way to scan. It is a Canon MX495
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Canon is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is 2 months old and the only indication as to Model i can find is MX495
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This is the first time I tried scanning since I bought it
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not realy
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

You need to install the full Driver and software package which will install the scanning software on your computer. It is this software that you use to scan with

The software you can download from my link below

Click me to open

Download the Driver and Software package, run the installation and you will then have the software installed that you can use to scan with

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please