Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I just moved to a new home, reset my computer with a new

Customer Question

I just moved to a new home, reset my computer with a new password, but the printer indicates "offline" and won't print anything. Can you help?
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was able to print if I connected to the usb port, but I can't get it to print remotely off my iPhone (which I was able to do in the past,
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried to reinstall the printer's driver / software?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Also, what's the model of your internet modem / router device? Is it new?

- It looks like you are away. Since I do not know what type of computer you have yet, let me provide some general instructions for you. Please get back to me when you are available to continue.

STEP 1:

- On the printer, please do the following steps:

1. Press the Up / Down button to select option Network, then press OK button.
  2. Press Up / Down button to select option WLAN, then press OK.
  3. Press Up / Down button to select option Setup Wizard, then press OK.
  4. If the option WLAN Enable? is displayed, then press the Up button.
  5. Press Up / Down button to select your SSID, which is wireless network name, then press OK.
  6. If the option WPS is available, press Down button (to select option No.)
  7. If prompted, enter the network key, which is your wi-fi / wireless network password ***** key / passphrase (it is case-sensitive.)
    - To enter a character or number, hold down or repeatedly press the Up or Down button until the character you want appears, and then press OK to confirm the current character. Then use the same step to enter the next character.
    - To delete the characters you have entered, press the Back key.
  8. Press OK when done entering your wireless password.
  9. Then press Up button for Yes to apply the settings.
  10. The connection result will show on the printer's screen, then press OK.

STEP 2:

- Once STEP 1 above is done successfully, on your iPhone, open the Settings app icon, then tap on Wi-Fi option. Then select / connect to your wireless network name. Then you should be able to print from the iPhone.

Note: Make sure you connect both the printer and the iPhone to the same wireless network name.

STEP 3:

- Once STEP 1 above is done successfully, please see if you can printer from the computer.

- If the computer still cannot printer, please uninstall the Brother program from your computer

, then click on the Brother website below:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl3170cdw_all

, then there, click on Search, then download and install the Full Driver & Software Package (if it's not available, then download and install the Printer Driver)

, once installation is done, check printing.

- If there is still any issue, please let me know if you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer. And please answer all my questions, so I can troubleshoot the issue further.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,