John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

II have a 6000 printer error, I have cancelled the print

Customer Question

II have a 6000 printer error , I have cancelled the print job, unplugged the printer from power device and shut it off then turned it back on. I am getting the same printer error 6000
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: canon MG 5520
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: cancelled print job, unplugged power device, turned printer on same error 6000
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no !
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.The problem can be caused due to many reasons, but as per Canon, this problem can only cause due to the feed tray, which is not correct, please try the steps below and let me know what happens.

Solution 1:

• Verify that the paper tray is correctly set.
  • If any object is placed in front of the machine, remove it.

Solution 2:

• Search for any small pieces of paper in the printer, or a tiny object.