GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

HP envy wireless network test indicates wireless radio not

Customer Question

HP envy wireless network test indicates wireless radio not functioning. What do I do
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi Lois! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

If the Wireless Network Test Report says "The Wireless Radio Is Not Functioning" that is clearly a hardware issue. Hopefully the printer is under warranty. If so, please contact HP and request a repair or replacement.

If you're not sure, you can look up the warranty status here:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/wc/public/home

If it's not under warranty, you may be able to continue to use it if you can physically connect it to your computer. If you abolsutely must have wireless capability and it is not under warranty, you're best option is probably replacing the printer, as the cost of the repair would approach, if not exceed, the cost of new printer.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. I know it's probably not the answer that you were hoping for but it is a correct answer. Please don't penalize the messenger. Please kindly take a moment to rate my service, so I will receive credit for my answer. If you are not satisfied, please let me know so I can continue working with you or refer you to another expert. Please do not issue a rating until you have provided me with an opportunity to address any remaining questions or issues. Your complete satisfaction is my goal!