John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Having trouble installing new brotherMFC-J2320, MFC-J5320DW.

Customer Question

Hi, having trouble installing new brotherMFC-J2320, MFC-J5320DW. Can you help? Shaun
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of Windows are you using on your PC ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Please don't open new questions. Instead please reply in here

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

First, to make sure the scanner is working, are you able to make copies from the printer itself (without computer) ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

On your Windows, press Windows and R keys and this will bring Run. Type control printers and press enter. This will printers and devices page. From the resulting screen, right click on your printer and select Remove Device. Delete all entries of your printer.

Now download and install this driver -->

After that, disconnect the printer from USB port and then reconnect it. Then go to Printers and Devices page and make sure your printer is there. If not, add it.

Then follow the method below to scan

Choose Start→All Programs→Windows Fax and Scan. ... Does it recognize your screen ?

If not, open Brother scan app and does it recognize the scanner ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ashia, problem fixed, thank you but I have no need for your services. Please do not charge my credit card! Cheers, brian
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hello Brian, Did you fix it without my service/answer ? If so, then you can contact***@******.*** for refund.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
my neighbour gave me a sub stick to do in temporarily until I can check with the manufacturer !
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Great ! Please email to *****@******.*** and they will refund the refundable-deposit you made here. I'm only a tech in here and I don't have access to your account information to process the refund myself. Thanks for using JustAnswer.

Good Night,