John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I am installing a replacement offricejet 4630 printer. I got

Customer Question

I am installing a replacement offricejet 4630 printer. I got to the step where I was downloading what I was asked to. It showed on the screen for 3 hours that it was downloading it, but that didn't happen.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It was just received from HP two days ago. It is a reconditioned HP officejet 5630
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have no idea what to do next.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help!

I have a couple questions. What version of Windows is on this computer? Is the printer connected with a USB cable?