John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I installed new cartriges and the black is showing low ink,

Customer Question

i installed new cartriges and the black is showing low ink
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: nx420 125
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: gone thru all the steps
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Where is the indication of Low Ink showing, please?

(The places to look are:

1. on the printer, in some models (where there is an indicator, or 'low ink lights' for each cartridge, etc.)

or

2. on the computer, where software programs provided by the maker of the printer, usually have a way of checking registered ink levels.

Was the black ink cartridge you installed, a genuine OEM-original-Epson-made cartridge? or a 'compatible' cartridge, a refill, etc. ?

Let me know, by Reply To Expert, and I will advise you further. Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
epson

Thanks for the response.

I don't think Remote Support is appropriate for this sort of problem. (And, I regret to say, I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Try turning the printer Off, for 5 minutes.

Then turn the printer On again, wait 2 minutes for it to initialize and re-charge the ink.

After that, if the ink drop light is still On (or flashing) on the printer, then press and hold down the ink drop button on the printer, for 2 seconds, then release it and wait another 2 minutes.

After that (however it goes exactly), check your ink levels again. The black ought to be OK at this point - some Epson printers must re-charge the ink before registering it as 'there', you see.

Let me know how it goes, when you have followed that procedure, please. Thanks.