John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have a older cp 800 printer,and the ink cassette will not

Customer Question

i have a older cp 800 printer,and the ink cassette will not i bought a new cp 740 on line and the ink cassette will not go in the compartment.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That problem may have a simple explanation. Please tell me, in Reply To Expert, what type number of cartridge you are trying to put in, and which slot (left, right, etc.) in the printer it is going into.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
right, and cartridge came with the new printer,and the same i have used before with the older printer#10

Thanks for the info and the response.

I'm looking that up... expect another post in a few minutes...

The data I find indicates that you may have been shipped the wrong cartridge for that printer model - since the HP # 10 black cartridge is not listed as compatible with the CP740 lines (just, in the CP series, the CP1700 line).

If you'd like to know what cartridge # the CP740 needs, that is the black color cartridge, let me know.

I fear I am subject to a misapprehension... the CP740 and the CP800 would be Canon Selphy printers, not HP.

As for the Canon # 10 cartridge - make sure you are trying to put the black ink in the black ink's proper slot in the printer. I am looking up further information....

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there is only one slot for the ink cassette,and it is film rolled up in the cassette

The cartridge, whether HP or Canon, if it is a # 10, is not compatible with the Canon CP740, period.

The CP740 seems to take these:

What cartridge, and what printer, are you trying to make work with each other? is the question here, it seems. A cartridge labeled "# 10" will not work in a Canon CP740 Selphy printer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i used at least 10 rolls on my cp 800 and now the cassette will not eject even with a little force

I'm not sure I can advise you adequately on a printer with roll cartridges. I have Opted Out of this case, in favor of another Expert here who is better at Canon Selphy roll-cartridge printers, who ought to take up the case sometime this afternoon or hopefully sooner.

Thank you for following the process thus far. When another Expert takes up the case you ought to receive a notification email.