TheGeekGal
TheGeekGal,
76665483

I have a Canon PIXMAMG3560, Since I changed both cartridges

Customer Question

I have a Canon PIXMAMG3560
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Since I changed both cartridges yesterday many things have gone wrong including not being able to photocopy
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: As an 88yo I have tried all I can think of without resut eg I have turned everything off and restarted it.a number of times. I have checked the cartridges taken them out and replaced them. I cannot change the panel readings eg one is stuck on photo Paper
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: yes. I can photocopy emails but the first page is always blank and the second page I print is the first page of the email
Category: Printers
Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Hi there Richard. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this issue. I'll do my best to help you with it. Let's start with the basics. Can you remove the cartridges and make sure that the protective tape has been removed from each cartridge please?

You can click here if you'd like detailed instructions complete with illustrations to help you with removing and reinstalling them.

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MG3500%20series/EN/BG/bg-ink1000.html

Try not to touch the electrical contacts on the cartridges or on the printer. If you think that you might have, or if you see fingerprints, please clean them with a lint free cloth and a bit of alcohol.

When you've made sure that the tape was completely removed and the contacts are clean, the next step is to try to clean the print head.

Cleaning the Print Heads from Your Computer

The print head cleaning function allows you to clear up clogged print head nozzle. Perform print head cleaning if printing is faint or a specific color fails to print, even though there is enough ink.

The procedure for cleaning the print head is as follows:

Cleaning

1. Open the printer driver setup window

2. Click Cleaning on the Maintenance tab

When the Print Head Cleaning dialog box opens, select the ink group for which cleaning is to be performed.

Click Initial Check Items to display the items you need to check before performing cleaning.

3. Execute cleaning

Make sure that the machine is on and then click Execute.

Print head cleaning starts.

Important

• Do not close the paper output tray until the cleaning is complete.

Complete cleaning

The Nozzle Check dialog box opens after the confirmation message.

Check the results

To check whether the print quality has improved, click Print Check Pattern. To cancel the check process, click Cancel.

If cleaning the head once does not resolve the print head problem, clean it once more.

Important

• Cleaning consumes a small amount of ink.

Cleaning the print head frequently will rapidly deplete your printer's ink supply. Consequently, perform cleaning only when necessary.

Deep Cleaning

Deep Cleaning is more thorough than cleaning. Perform deep cleaning when two Cleaning attempts do not resolve the print head problem.

1. Open the printer driver setup window

2. Click Deep Cleaning on the Maintenance tab

When the Deep Cleaning dialog box opens, select the ink group for which deep cleaning is to be performed.

Click Initial Check Items to display the items you need to check before performing deep cleaning.

3. Execute deep cleaning

Click OK when the confirmation message appears.

Print head deep cleaning starts.

Important

• Do not close the paper output tray until the deep cleaning is complete.

Complete deep cleaning

Check the results

Important

• Deep Cleaning consumes a larger amount of ink than Cleaning.

Note

• If there is no sign of improvement after Deep Cleaning, switch off the machine, wait 24 hours, and then perform Deep Cleaning again. If there is still no sign of improvement, the ink may have run out or the print head may be worn.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.