GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

Printer not connected. I have a Macbook and trying to

Customer Question

Printer not connected. I have a Macbook and trying to connect to Hp Envy 4510..I have installed HP Printer Drivers v3.1 for OS X..reset and added printer..Printed once wireless not the same message printer not connected.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: i just bout it yesterday from Walmart
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: HP Envy 4510 All in one series
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X". Can you tell me what you see there please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
10.11.6
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for that information.

I would recommend that you un-install the printer and then turn the printer and the computer off. Restart the computer, then install this driver:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Start.app.zip

This is the latest driver for that printer for your version of OsX.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

If you still have an issue after following those instructions, you may need to update the firmware on your printer. Here is a link to the firmware update:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/EN4510_R1617B.dmg

This link will take you to a site where the user manuals for this model can be downloaded.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-4510-All-in-One-Printer-series/7588794/model/7588795/manuals

If you'd like, I can offer the Premium Service of Secure Remote Assistance. This is completely optional. If you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and work on the issue for you. If you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i have tried both of these steps and the printer is still not working wirelessly
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear that. Will it print correctly if connected via USB?

Please try these steps:

Reset Printer, Router and Computer

Resetting your printer, your wireless router, and your computer can help restore the printer connection to the wireless network.

Warning: If the router has a power switch, power the router OFF before disconnecting the power cable.

1. Turn the printer, computer and router OFF.
  2. Disconnect the power cord from the printer and router.
  3. Wait 30 seconds.
  4. Reconnect the power cord to the printer and router.
  5. Turn the router on and wait until it is on and ready. The wireless LED on the router should be ON.
  6. Turn the printer and computer ON and wait until both are Ready.

Try to print wirelessly again and let me know the results please.