John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

The software for the Epson 4630 Pro printer will permit

Customer Question

The software for the Epson 4630 Pro printer will permit setup for printing 5x7 photo's but the printer installed software will only permit a size of 4x6.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Seth Merrick explains replied 2 months ago.

Hi Rodney,

Thanks for using JustAnswer!

As an Tech Expert with many years of troubleshooting experience, I'll be glad to work with you to troubleshoot this issue.

First, is this a brand-new printer? Or have you had it for a while?

If it's new, where & how did you purchase it (from what company, and online or in-person)?

- Seth, JA Tech Expert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it is a brand new printer and I purchased it from Best Buy and ipurchased it on-line I am a senior citizen and am restricted to a wheel chair so is not convenient to go to their store.

Thanks! Understood.

Generally speaking, when one purchases something -- anything! -- new, it comes with an (at least limited) warranty.

.... and, with electronics, they usually include tech support for free!

So -- rather than paying me for something you might get free -- I'm wondering whether you've tried calling them on the phone or by live chat?

That being said, if you'd prefer to pay extra to me and stick with this, I'm glad to proceed -- I just wanted to be honest and ensure you were aware of all your options.

P.S. Please tell me if any of this is unclear!

Hi Rodney,
Would you prefer to call Best Buy, and/or Epson, tech support, to see if you can get support from them directly (for free)?
Or, would you prefer to troubleshoot with me?
Please let me know so we can proceed or not.
- Seth Merrick

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Forget and thanks. I though when I signed up I agreed to pay. So thanks for the help. YUK

I apologize -- I only wanted to double-check & confirm because occasionally we get customers who don't understand the system, and then are unpleasantly surprised after... so, esp. as you had a brand-new device, I just wanted to make sure you were OK with this.

I am definitely happy to troubleshoot!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not think it is a big time trouble shooting job. I am just looking forward to a work around for the fact that the printer portion of this all in one machine has software in the machine for up to 4x6 while the software they provide for MS windows provides for printing to 5x7. I tried to task the printer to print 5x7 but , of course, the printer hick up'ed and said no can do as paper size exceeds printer tasked size of 4x6. Maybe, just maybe I made a mistake is purchasing this, what I though, was a high end ink jet all in one machine. I am will to admit my mistake and go back to a less expense "all in one" ink jet machine.