John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I am having trouble installing my pixma MG6800

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Good morning Edward. My name is***** would be happy to help you with this. I'll need to ask a few questions. Let's start with the operating system that you are using.

Can you click this link and tell me what you see please?

We need to be sure that the driver that you are trying to install is the correct one for the operating system on your computer.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

After we have verified that you have the latest driver for you particular operating system, we'll need to check for paper jams or obstructions in the printer, you'll need to:

1. Ensure that the paper guides in the cassette are snug against the paper
  2. Ensure that there are no paper jams or obstructions in the printer
  3. Performed at least three roller cleanings on the printer

If you are still experiencing the same issue after having done all of these things, the printer may require servicing.

As a workaround, you could try selecting SETUP>DEVICE SETTINGS>PLAIN PAPER FEED SETTINGS>REAR TRAY so that the printer uses the rear tray rather than the paper cassette.

Here is a link to the online manual for your printer. It may be useful to you, if not now, in the future.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Edward, has your issue been resolved or do you need further assistance?