John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

When I print horizontal lines print on page and copy is

Customer Question

When I print horizontal lines print on page and copy is barely legible?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

That is probably a symptom of some nozzles in the printhead being clogged.

Since printheads are usually included in each cartridge, on this type and brand of printer, the readiest or fastest cure might be to replace the cartridge with the defective color of printout (in this case, I would guess, black. ?)

But you might want to try running a few Head Cleaning cycles on the printer first. (That is a function that can be found in the Maintenance part of the printer's MENU system, or in the printer's driver settings under the Maintenance tab.)

Let me know what you think, by using the Reply To Expert function. And I will advise you as appropriate.