Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

It wont print - i just put 3 new ink cartrages in and i get

Customer Question

it wont print - i just put 3 new ink cartrages in and i get the message that they are missing and damaged ( even the ones that were already in and working)
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: hp photosmart c410
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: removing each one and puttting them back . Turning off the printer and restarting it.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, is this the first time the ink cartridges were attempted to be replaced?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No - I've have this printer for a few years -
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

I understand.

Can you please (re-)try:

The only easy user doable checks then would be for possible dried ink or ink blobs or even lubricant or foreign matter in the area where the cartridges are mounted.

Additionally, ensure that the cartridges are vented and that the generalPrint Assembly area is clean of debris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok -
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I removed all ink and tray and checked for ink - gently cleaned all connections and print heads - still having the same problem ��
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Appreciate the post back.

If the electrical contacts of the cartridges as well as the contacts in the holder and general print assembly area are all clean, then it would appear to be a hardware issue.

Since these replacement have been done in the past and it would be highly unlikely for ALL print cartridges both new and old to be bad at the same time, then the cartridge mount itself or more particularly, the print head assembly would be highly suspect.

The prescribed next step would be to replace the print head.

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Alright thanks for your efforts .
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.