Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service

I have an Epson XP-420 which gave me a message that the

Customer Question

I have an Epson XP-420 which gave me a message that the Magenta cartridge needed to be replaced. I replaced the 200-1 cartridge with a new 200 and got a message "Cannot recognize..." I reinstalled it over and over only to get the same message. I tried a different Magenta cartridge only to get the same message. I replaced all the cartridges and got the same message for all of them. Any suggestions?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Can you pull the ink cartridges out, clean the electrical contacts on ALL of them, with a clean cloth and use a bit of windex if possible,

then carefully but firmly replace them.

Then, unplug printer, hold down power for 30 seconds, wait a full minute and plug back in and restart printer. The 200 XL cartridges

are supposed to be compatible.

Let me know what happens, and we will go from there.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.