TheGeekGal
TheGeekGal,
76665483

I have a J430W and I have just installed in on a new laptop.

Customer Question

I have a J430W and I have just installed in on a new laptop. The laptop keeps saying the printer is out of paper. It is not out of paper and will print from the old laptop. What should I do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Hi Shannon. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Does the new laptop have a different operating system than the old laptop? Did you install the printer using the cd that came with the printer? If so, it is likely that you'll need to visit the manufacturer's website to obtain an updated version of the printer driver that will work with the new operating system.

You can click the link below to visit the Brother website and obtain the latest driver.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj430w_all

Choose your Operating System and then click search. If you aren't sure what your Operating System is, please click this link to find out:

http://whatsmyos.com/

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.