GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

Can't get the reset menu to start up on hp OJ pro 8600,

Customer Question

Can't get the reset menu to start up on hp OJ pro 8600
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Office jet pro 8600 less than 1 year
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: On/off and unplug
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Here's how you can access the support menu:

• Turn OFF your printer.
  • Wait for 10 Seconds before turning it ON again.
  • Just as the printer turns ON, press the back button (arrow icon) on the front panel of theprinter “4 times”.
  • If you did it correctly, the support menu should appear

Navigate through the menu until you find the option to reset the printer. Select this option, then choose the appropriate type of reset for your needs. You can choose from a partial reset, semi-full reset and a full reset. After you make your selection the reset process should begin.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.

Please click the link below to access the user manual for this model. You can save it to your computer for later viewing or you can print it out, but please be aware that at 254 pages, it is quite large.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03026243.pdf