Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

All lights are blinking on the printer brother hl 5050, it

Customer Question

all lights are blinking on the printer brother hl 5050
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is about 6 years old. it is a brother hl 5050lt
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: we have turned the power off and on a few times. unplugged the cable in the back checked for jams, held the go button down, NOTHING IS WORKING
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: We also replaced the toner and drum to see if we had current defective toner/drum in the printer and it still didn't work.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I understand you have tried several things. However, if you can (printers and networking are always repetitious in troubleshooting)

try it for me again, we can go from there. This should resolve your issue if it is able to be reset.

This indicates a Service Call Error, follow the steps listed below.

1. Turn the machine OFF.

2. Wait a few seconds and then turn the machine ON.

3. If all the lights are still flashing, perform a factory reset:

a. Turn the machine OFF.

b. Check that the front cover is closed.

c. Turn ON the power switch while holding down the GO button.

d. Check the Toner/Drum/Paper LED's are lit.

e. Release the GO button and check that all LED's are off.

f. Press the GO button eight times.

g. The machine settings will be reset to factory default. The machine will then initialize and return to Ready status.

Test print again. (we may need to drop/readd your printer after that reset, or it will auto see it again. let me know which

happens)

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin