John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I am using my parents old HP F4280 scanner, I imagine its a

Customer Question

Hi there. I am using my parents old HP F4280 scanner
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I imagine its a few years old!
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have been looking around and followed the set up. Right now I have attached it to my Macbook by the printer cable and its recognising the printer and says its set up. But I cannot seem to scan
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Thats great thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To start with, I need to know the version of mac osx you have on your machine, you can check as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.