John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I just bought a Maxify 2320 and I cannot get it on my

Customer Question

I just bought a Maxify 2320 and I cannot get it on my network. I have used an ethernet wire to the wireless router and when that did not work I tried wireless. my computer cannot see the printer either way. Suggestions?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

you want the printer to be on the wireless or on the usb?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
wireless
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
are you there?
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

yes

Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

What is the operating system you have on the computer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
windows 7 and my wife uses the printer with a new Mac Air, plus it would be nice if guests could use it when they are on our network, plus using Ipads etc.
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

i can fix the printer on Windows 7 Mac is not my expertise.

Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

are we communicating on the windows 7 computer where you want the printer to be installed.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What I want is the printer put on the network. I can down load drivers. I just cannot get the network to see the printer
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

I will not be able to see why the network is not seeing the printer till i remote access.

Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

Basically remote assistance is an additional service to the chat which you have already opted for.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think I will quit this idea. Please do not charge my credit card. Good night
Expert:  JKalman replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. With your cooperation, I can resolve your problem without using a remote connection.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
J- Michelle couldn't help my problem. I did review the printer instructions and then disconnected the wire from the printer to the wireless modem. I hooked it up again starting with the wire attached to the printer and then plugged in the modem. That time my windows computer could see the printer and I could hook it up. This morning I tried my wife's apple Mac Air and it cannot see the printer on the network even though my Windows computer can. I do not know much about Apples so I plan to call her Apple Care and get that problem resolved when I have the time. Meanwhile, I do not think my credit card should be charged for Michelle's efforts.Please confirm. Thank you. John
Expert:  JKalman replied 3 months ago.

Your credit card will not be charged until you accept an answer from one of the experts on this web service. If you insist on it, your deposit can be refunded as well, since your satisfaction is fully guaranteed. Do you want me to solve the connection problem with your Windows 7 computer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My windows computer is working well with the printer. The apple cannot see it on the network. Weird!
Expert:  JKalman replied 3 months ago.

John-

You stated in your question that your wireless Window 7 computer could not see your printer with or without an Ethernet cable connection between your printer and your wireless router. Now you are saying that your windows computer is working well with the printer. Which is it? You have asked Michelle for a wireless printer configuration. if you want my assistance without a remote connection, you are going to have to stop troubleshooting and allow me to troubleshoot under controlled conditions. I will need your complete cooperation. You have to be able to follow directions and do exactly what I tell you to do.

I can fix your pc and your mac. Anyone can download the drivers. However, it is necessary to have the discipline to follow the procedure under the right conditions and in the right order to guarantee a clean installation. Do you want to proceed?

Expert:  JKalman replied 3 months ago.

-Joel

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My objective was to get the printer on the network. I first tried to use my Windows computer and it could not see the printer. Michelle did not assist in that process. I downloaded the printer manual. Then reconnected the wires from the printer to the wireless router and then the Windows computer could see the printer. I used the disk to download the driver and all was well. This morning and tonight I tried the Mac. It does not see the printer. Note the old printer, an Epson, worked well with all of computers as well as guest computers. If you can get the Mac up and running, I would be happy with your service.
Expert:  JKalman replied 3 months ago.

John-

That is not what you told Michelle. You said you wanted the printer to be wireless. If your printer is located in the same room as the router and close enough so that the Ethernet cable (what you call the "wires") is running along the wall and not across any doorways, then that is actually better than a wireless connection, because it will not lose its connection, ever. So, if you are okay with that then I can wok with that.

I do no have a Mac, but I have worked on them enough that I can get yours working with your help.

Let's work together on it either tomorrow or Friday. I am going to be away tomorrow afternoon and evening. I may be able to work with you in the morning or late night. If not, I will be available anytime on Friday, if that works for you.

-Joel

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will be out of town until Sunday night. May have time Monday night
Expert:  JKalman replied 3 months ago.

That will work! Have a good trip.

Until then,

Joel