JKalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.

I have a HP Cp2025 laser jet printer. It works well.

Customer Question

I have a HP Cp2025 laser jet printer. It works well. However, I have recent purchased a supply of C6 envelopes. While the WordPerfect printer window indicates that C6 is acceptable, the printer will not print on that size. I get PCL XL error message - warning: Illegal media size.
I have accessed the printer preferences window and tried to custom create a C6 size, but this has not been effective.
I need some guidance on how to get this printer to accept C6 envelopes. Thanks. Ted
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. Have you tried using PostScript print drivers rather than PCL? PS may be more tolerant of your envelope size. What is your computer operating system?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Operating system is windows 10 64bit
No I haven't tried a Postscript driver. How do I find a PS driver that will work on the CP2025dn?
Expert:  JKalman replied 2 months ago.

The PS and/or PCL drivers can be downloaded from the HP website by selecting the following link:

I can help you with the installation. Please let me know if you need support.

Expert:  JKalman replied 2 months ago.

If you are satisfied with my advice, I would appreciate a Good or Excellent rating. If you have questions or are having problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be of service. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME AND EFFORT WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!