littlerusty2005, Technician
Experience:  Printer expert

I have an Epson printer Work Force WF-3620 that will be a

Customer Question

I have an Epson printer Work Force WF-3620 that will be a year old in Sept. and it has an error code Ox9A. What do I need to do?
Thank yo,
Penny Childers
Category: Printers
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. That error indicates that there is a hardware error. It's usually the printhead, or the board that controls it. It's good that it's under a year old, Epson takes care of their customers.

My Epson died after the warranty period, and they gave me 50% off a brand new printer, just to keep me as a customer. You are covered for parts and labor until your warranty expires in September. You'll need to call them to set up shipping, and they will give you the rest of the details. Call ***-***-****. Usually with this error they will just ship you a new printer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can this printer be fixed? I think I found the receipt and it was purchased in January 2015, which makes it over a year.

It can be fixed, usually Epson will send you a new one, have you send in yours, and they will fix it and sell it as a refurbished unit. Since you're within the warranty period, they will determine that when you call them. They have excellent customer service.

It cannot be fixed at home, it has to be sent to Epson. There are no user serviceable parts other than the print cartridges.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is not within the warranty period as the year was up in January. What could you do with the remote assistance if it cannot be fixed except by Epson?

There is nothing I can do with remote assistance, it's a hardware failure, not software based. Your printer is covered by a 1 year warranty, click here, the warranty info is at the bottom of the page. You need to call the number I provided, and they will cover it under the warranty.

I'm sorry, I misread that. I thought you got the printer in January, my mistake. Still, call the number and they will offer you a brand new printer at an incredibly discounted rate. They will give you a coupon code which is basically half off a new printer.

Again, sorry for the confusion.