Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

My printer PHC4480will not pick up the paper for printing. I

Customer Question

My printer PHC4480will not pick up the paper for printing.
I tried cleaning the rollers but it still is not pulling up the paper
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

If its saying there is no paper in the tray, you may just need to replace the tray

Though, you may also need to replace the pickup roller assembly, that actually grabs the paper from the bottom tray.

Here is a guide for a similar printer that shows you how to replace it.

With that being said, Id make sure that you have the correct paper tray selected in your printer settings first. As it may simply be looking for paper from the wrong tray or input. ( such as its looking for paper from the adf, rather then the tray )

Also, keep in mind you can get a used model of the same printer for around 50$

And that could be a more economical option then repairing the printer.. If you have further questions, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.