Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

I have a MFC-9970CDW that has been... I have a MFC-9970CDW

Customer Question

Hi I have a MFC-9970CDW that has been...
Hi I have a MFC-9970CDW that has been working well for two years. I changed the toner cartridge because it was leaking toner. I reassembled everything and now the LCD just says printing, printing, printing. I have cancelled all print jobs, did factory network reset, updated firmware, unplugged it, etc. The error message that the drum and belt unit had reached end of life had been coming up and it was still working but I reset parts counter and also traded belt and drum unit from a twin printer we have and that still did not fix it. Even the fax function does not work unless you open the front door then you can send/receive but it will not print. Any ideas?
Best Regards,
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi there

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This says we have an answer but I don't see anything. How do we see it? Please explain

Thanks for replying back to me. You were offline when I responded earlier.

----

Try a power reset to drain the power from the printer and return it to working order when it restarts:

1. Press the Power button to turn off the printer.
2. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
3. Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Replug the power cord into the electrical outlet.
6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
7. If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn on the printer.

Let me know if it now works normally again?

--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Pete, I think perhaps you didn't fully understand our initial question. We have tried this multiple times and much higher levels of service without success. Please read the initial question again. Thank you
Hi I have a MFC-9970CDW that has been working well for two years. I changed the toner cartridge because it was leaking toner. I reassembled everything and now the LCD just says printing, printing, printing. I have cancelled all print jobs, did factory network reset, updated firmware, unplugged it, etc. The error message that the drum and belt unit had reached end of life had been coming up and it was still working but I reset parts counter and also traded belt and drum unit from a twin printer we have and that still did not fix it. Even the fax function does not work unless you open the front door then you can send/receive but it will not print. Any ideas?Best Regards,
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It was our understanding that you would respond via email and/or text. I will stay online if you had a chat in mind or something

It seems you have tried all available options;

I will check with the other techs if they have any further ideas on how to proceed...

Pete.