John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Can I reprint a document that I print on August 11, 2016?

Customer Question

Can I reprint a document that I print on August 11, 2016? The document is no more available. I have windows 8.1 with a wireless printer that have the option Render print Job on client computer.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung Xpress M2875FD
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried to recover .spl files from c:\windows\system32\spool\printer folder using Recuva free version , running from USB; however, it failed to recover any file.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: That is it. How can I reprint my report?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Have either the printer or computer been powered off or restarted, or had other print jobs, since the desired document?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello,Yes, both computer and printer have been restarted couples of time, since August 11, 2016.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello again,I will correct above respond. Computer has been restarted; however, I don't know if the printer had any other job or had been restarted since August 11, 2016.