John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Just purchased a HP 6830 and cannot get it connected to my

Customer Question

Just purchased a HP 6830 and cannot get it connected to my wireless network.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

What is the operating system you have on the computer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Mac OS 10.10
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

Download and install the driver that is updated on Nov 11 (it is the latest driver for your printer)

press the Apple menu and Choose System Preferences
Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) from the View menu.
Hold down the Option key on your keyboard while clicking the "-" (minus sign that you see on the print & fax window, along with a + sign) button. Then, choose Reset Printing System.

in case there is no printers in the list then , hold down the Control key while clicking in the box that appears above the "+" (plus sign that you see on the print & fax window, and not on the keyboard) button, then choose Reset printing system… from the contextual menu.
After that click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & fax window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

direct download link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-Pro-6830-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5390307/model/5390308/drivers