Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician
Experience:  Owner at Down Home Technical Solutions
95132829

I have an MX920 printer with an error code 6000. I tried

Customer Question

I have an MX920 printer with an error code 6000. I tried everything such as clearing the queue, power down and unpluging. My device manager says everything is running fine. What else can I do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 3 months ago.

Hello Russ,

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Sometimes, especially during the summer, static builds up in these printers and causes them to error out.

Unplug the printer and leave it unplugged for around 15 minutes and then plug it back in.

While it is unplugged, get some canned air and clear out any debris that may be in the machine.

Plug it back in and try to print.

If this doesn't work, then try leaving it unplugged for longer.

If it still doesn't work, then you are looking at possibly getting the printer serviced or replacement. Whichever is more cost efficient for you.

If this answer has helped you, PLEASE rate my answer with at least 3 stars so that I may receive credit for assisting you.

Thank you.

Jennie

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
left printer unplugeg for 45 min. no good

It looks like you may have to replace the printer or have it serviced. I don't like giving bad news but at this point, those would be the only two options.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer to assist you with this issue.

If you are happy with the individual service I provided, please rate my answer with 3 or more stars so that I can receive credit for this.

I hope you have a wonderful day.

Jennie