Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

XP 235...I've set the printer up with ink and paper. I want

Customer Question

XP 235...I've set the printer up with ink and paper. I want to use it from wifi from my iPad. Downloaded the Epsom app and not sure weather I need a router or not. I have a router but I'm connected with Telstra air hot spots and don't need the router to use my iPad. Can you kindly help me get the printer working from iPad. It doesn't say in the instructions what the buttons are for. Can I use the printer to just copy without using any mobile device? unsure, I'm an oldie!!!! Thanks 😊
Category: Printers
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi Julie-Anne and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially yes; the Epson Expression Home XP-235 needs to be wirelessy connected to a Wi-Fi LAN or more specifically to an access point or commonly called the wireless router.

The iPad would also have to be connected to this access point which would thus serve as a common link to all the wireless devices in your home.

That way the iPad can send print jobs to the XP-234 wireless (through the router).

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The router I have is......N300 wifi gigabit router....will that do the job?
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

To my understanding, yes as the N300 series has WiFi capability.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This router I had before at a previous address and the cable is connected to a landline...Telstra. Here, I don't have an active landline only mobile. I plug the router in...then what? I use Telstra air free hotspot wifi.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also you said the iPad has to be connected to the router. Now I'm really confused......
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Do the same procedure when the iPad was configured to work with "...Telstra air free hotspot wifi..." (note down the settings so it can be re-configured back).

To connect the iPad to the N300:

• tap the “Settings” icon on your iPad's home screen;
  • tap “Wi-Fi” on the settings screen;
  • enable Wi-Fi by sliding the Wi-Fi slider to “On”;
  • tap the name, or SSID, of your N300 router's wireless network under Choose a Network;
  • enter your N300 router's wireless network password;
  • and tap “Join.”
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello???????..........are you still there?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was with tpg network at previous address and they supplied the router, which I paid for, they set it up with a password ***** me and I don't know it. To ring tog takes forever and quite frankly I'd rather jump off a bridge.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just did what you suggested. Went to settings, in 'other' I typed tpg and they had a not found response. I'll try tpg/non
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

The SSID and password/Security Key is normally printed on the Wireless Security Card that cam with the N300 when new.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Right, I did that. Same response, not found. Is this really as hard as I think it is or am I just stupid!?!
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Can you try doing a RESET of the router?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ah! Thanks for that. Yes I do remember that little where did I put the ........ ing thing!?
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Try using the information from the card. If still a no-go, perform a RESET and then try again the SSID and Security Key.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please give me a little time to look for the card. If I can't find it I'll let you know. Thanking you.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Of course; when able.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Our wires are I haven't tried anything with the router yet...not till I find the card.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Good ����
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi....I've found the info needed but am pretty tired now and it's late. So I'll have a go at this tomorrow if that's OK? Night x
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I must add....when I plugged the router in I noticed in settings on the iPad that it automatically put me on TPG 8411 wifi. However nothing worked as it was locked. I don't understand the lingo to fill in to enter it. Besides I don't want to rejoin with them. I am using free Telstra air! So how do we get around that little problem.?
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Let's try the RESET tomorrow or when conveniently able.

Hopefully the N300 is not LOCKED with former Internet provider.