John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Brother - MFC7360N and I'm getting black dots (3 on

Customer Question

I have a Brother - MFC7360N and I'm getting black dots (3 on a page spaced vertically from top to bottom) when I print something. It just started for no apparent reason. Is there something I can do to fix this?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: For 3-4 days
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I copied a blank sheet of paper 10 times as the book suggests. I also took out the drum and toner and shook the toner and reassembled and put it back in and copied 10 more pages and it is still happening.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a MFC-7360N Brother and I guesstimate it is about 5 years old.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't believe so. I just checked and the printer is 4 years old. thank you for what you have done.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

In a case like this, the separation distance of the repeated print defects is important.

How far apart are the dots in question?

Please let me know by the Reply To Expert function, and I will continue to advise you.